Tuesday 18 December 2012

Cat vs Gema (How to defeat the German 'Man')

So, my one issue with Germany is Gema.

Every time I try to have fun, she weighs in with her judgemental ways.
Every time I try to relive some fun memory from my past, she forces me to get back to reality.
Every time I try to shake senora to Jump In The Line by Harry Belafonte, she stops my fun.
Every time I want a pants dance, she gently reminds me I ought to be dressed.

Oh whatever Gema.  I am so completely over you.

This is Gema.  --->



Ruiner of craic, destroyer of moments, party killer.  I saved the above picture on my computer as 'MotherFlupper' [edited remix there for the kiddies] because every time I see this god forsaken sign on a youtube video, that is what I sigh, moan or shout (mood dependent, you understand).

HOWEVER, no faceless wonder is going to stop my banter. Today oh joy, oh bliss, oh rapture, my super friend told me (again) about the website https://proxtube.com/.  Its quite literally a magic place where dreams come true, fairy dust comes to life and blocked youtube videos get unlocked by a smiley red character.



If you are German, or in another blocked country [Irish people, alas, I don't mean our fun 'blocked'] use this little gem of a website because goddammit- they can take our pride, but they can never take our youtube!

[Disclaimer:  its very late and I am maybe a little buzzed on tiredness and lemon iced tea. Just sayin'.  Today's blog was brought to you by the punctuation tool of brackets.... ]



No comments:

Post a Comment