Monday 29 October 2012

Darlin', don't you go and cut your hair...


Darlin' don't you go and cut your hair 


Do you think it's gonna make him change? 



"I'm just a boy with a new haircut" 



And that's a pretty nice haircut ...



.....But I don't care, I care, I really don't care 

Did you see the drummer's hair?


So, I just got my hair cut by a total howler of a girl.  But goddamn, its good.  (And I know its not nice to be so 'yeah man, this looks ace', but frig it, it looks ace)

As I am saving for the big move to Berly, I decided to check out one of those blowdry bars that are around about the city.  Ten in total I found out...  Its insane, you go in, and you can get a colour, cut and blow dry for £20.  Guys, you'll think that's daylight robbery.... girls, you'll probably think I commit robbery to get a haircut and colour that cheap.

Back in the day, I had a wee 'haircut slut' phase- every six weeks, I'd get a banging new style or something.  Wasn't such a waste- I mean I met one of my best friends at a student party as I was leaning over the punch bowl, and she exclaimed 'I LOVE YOUR HAIR'.  Best mates ever since, so like, that £80 (or whatever outrageous price Toni & Guy charged me) was totally worth it. [Love you Luc]

After my haircut slut phase, I turned new age.  I was living with a Buddhist-ly inclined guy and we used to compete to see who could live with the least stuff. [Love you Ben] I barely had underwear to get me through a week, so mad expenditure on hair was out of the question.

Whilst I returned to buying pants and things, I never really busted out of the cheapo hair attitude.  I'd dye it myself, and cut it myself.  It was only because this weekend I have several job interview thingys in Berlin, I figured I should possibly reconsider my 'image'.  

So today, jeez.   I like talking to people to amuse myself, but when I talk to hairdressers, or doctors, or...hmm.. basically anyone doing me a service, I ham up the charm.  I want them to like me, not because I want their friendship, but I want good service and cheap prices.  Sorry to be so crude as to reveal that, but there we go.  

This girl though, she'd barely look at me between texting people, so I was busting every move in the book out- sympathy for her long shifts, laughing at her jokes, letting her chose....  Yeah.  Didn't really wash with her- mostly I was by myself waiting for her to come back from whatever she was doing.  Her burnt tomato coloured, spiky ponytail didn't encourage me either (thought it was very shiny).

I explained to her that my main concern was my self-cut fringe.  She looked at it and sighed (in what I thought was an unnecessarily dramatic manner), "What HAVE you done here?"

Yeah whatever.  When we were finishing up, she must have forgotten, as she did very little to the fringe, saying, "Yeah I think this looks best".  Suck on that disbelievers!

I also got some really nice feedback on this blog today from a girl who I have always thought has spectacular hair- so this one's for you Jolene!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment