Friday 21 September 2012

Narcopletic European... With Grammar Issues

Warning- this post is self indulgent sleepy pitter patter and there's a good chance ...I've... fallen..... zzzz.....

I'm freakishly punctual about airports.  Its not ok.  In terms of this blog, in terms of this reality, this now, for me... I'm screwed.  I am about 2 hours sleep deep. Which ain't enough baby....  Last night I didn't get much either.  I was giggling in work about this- in the middle of the night last night, I woke up to use the bathroom.  NEXT THING I KNOW- I'm waking up again, this time...on the toilet.  Yup.  I fell asleep on the toilet.  What am I, EIGHTY?!! Or....Elvis?!  (Although, he died.  Too soon?! I'm never sure about these things...)




So yeah- I'm basically scratching today as a win if-
a) I end up in Berlin by about 5pm
b) I don't find myself waking up.... on a toilet.

Also, I am travelling as a man.  Yep.  My friend who booked the tickets for me accidentally registered me as a mister, and when I went to change it, it was going to cost Euro110!  Eh...what??  Hopefully the boobs and butt will also count as qualification as a woman, not just a Ms on my boarding pass...  I have also already contemplated the "How-dare-you? I-am-midway-through-gender-realignment-surgery!" argument, but I think I have too much T&A to pull this off convincingly....

I can't wait for Berlin.  Someone just asked me what my plan was- I really don't know, but I'd like to get a little lost, by myself.  Its the best way to get to know a city.  And I know its not cool, in this world of social networking, but sometimes isn't it just nice to be alone, completely solo and independent?  The prospect of being alone in Berlin streets...yes.  I love it.  The city is rough around the edges, but so full of life and people and everything... there's so much stuff that I know I can slip in unnoticed as another tiny part of the bigger city.  Mood dependent though- sometimes I like disappearing, and then, yes, sometimes I like friggin' jumping in feet first and declaring myself to the street.*  Jesus Christ, I am glad I am me, because to watch me would be excruciating...


*totally hyperbolic.  I'm not that bad.  I would force myself to fall asleep on toilets if I was.

Disclaimer- I used a hell of a lot of ellipsis' (ellipsi?) in this post.  I'm blaming it on the lack of sleep.  I really am turning this thing into a stream of consciousness... ( <-- shit! I can't stop!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment