Tuesday 3 May 2011

Festival Frolics and The Man of My Dreams!

Thank CHRIST.

Went to see The Family Jams with C two days ago, restored my dwindling obsession with beards... Little did I know this would bear much fruit only one day later...

                              
Last night at the festival I saw Josh T Pearson, and whilst his music was maybe a little too low key for my personal tastes (I overheard one punter describing him as "an earnest man with a beard"), I absolutely fell in love with him.  He came over to the bar before hand and winked as he asked "You guys all boozing while you're working? I know I would be...but then again, drinking brings me out in handcuffs...."  Then later he cracked a joke about not being offered a beer, and when we all jumped to serve him, he chuckled and said he didn't drink.  I asked him to shout out to the bar, which he did, numerous times, as well as making us tip jars.  When he came back over, he leaned in to ask my name...When I told him, my heart skipped a beat when he purred "Oh, like the animal?  Well thats just perfect for you..."  Jesus wept.  Easy girl!
I offered him a drink then and mentioned that I couldn't figure out if he liked drinking or didn't.  To this he grinned and said "Yeah, thats the problem, I like drinking too much."  To which, in my infinite sensitivity, spluttered "Oh right, so shit, you really are an alcoholic then?"   In my defense, I then tried to rescue this awful verbal faux-pas by giving him a look of knowing cheekiness, like saying shit like that was just the usual for me....(it is, but its not like I do it on purpose, you know?!)

 An absolute gem, and hairy as hell, hahaha.

Also playing were the Drive-By Truckers, who were really much more lively and I guess, well received.Thank God, I was given more shifts at work....That said, the ex who also works there is being a prize chump, and keeps sending me mega watt inappropriate photos.  I think he is finally pissed at me cause I told him in no uncertain terms (well, for the THOUSANDTH time) that he's being a shit to his girlfriend.  What is with that?  I know he has no intention on leaving her, just seems content to fuck around on her.  What a wanker.  Glad I got out of that one when I did!

Anyway.  Off I go to try and apply for lots of shit jobs.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment