Monday 9 May 2011

Things I have leant this weekend

Good weekend. Longer blog following but first, what I have learnt or discovered;

#1. I now can literally not sleep without talk radio. I set the sleep function an hour ago, slept like a baby, and immediately woke up when it went off.
#2. Extremely cheap nights are completely possible.
#3. Reading trashy chick lit, instead of something great (like the Hemingway I was given as a gift recently) develops an unhealthy and over simplistic God complex-any one of your friends problems can be easily fixed, is part of a greater really funny/sweet/important plot twist and all within your power to fix in a flash.
#4. I can solve most of my friends problems. ;)
#5. When the company is bad, I will refuse kegs and kegs of free booze and all night drinking-WHO KNEW?!
#6. I seriously hate going out with people who say, 'mmm, yeah i'll have what she's having.' The number of people I said this to who looked at me blankly means I clearly only know people who order what their mate's having.
#7. Balsamic vinegar remains to be, like, the shit man.
#8. Gin destroys memory. And confirms hangovers.
#9. I am too easily wound up.
#10. There are still at least two people in Belfast who make me feel like I've been kicked in the stomach by an invisible horse when I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment